1. WHAT IS THE VENDOR REGISTRATION SYSTEM?
The vendor registration system has been implemented to collect, centralize, and credential vendor information. We believe this new process and system will protect both our organization and our business partners as we adapt to changes in federal compliance and billing regulations. Existing and potential vendors are required to register online so we can leverage the single, centralized system to enhance our vendor interactions. This vendor registration system will give your company and representatives exposure, and allow us to maintain the important information for our existing and potential vendors.
2. WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THIS REGISTRATION?
It is required you register to become compliant with our vendor management policies. Also, it allows us to understand more about your company and maintain all contact and product information in a single directory. No longer will you need to coordinate with different divisions in TESBL to maintain your information. All your company and representative information will be in a comprehensive database for all our procurement managers to access when making purchasing decisions.
There are several benefits to vendors of participating in the registration process.
• Become compliant with corporate compliance requirements quickly to show true partnership and business transparency
• Vendors are alerted of new or updated corporate policy documents and approaching expiration of certain documents
• Policy and compliance documents are exchanged electronically, simplifying the tedious and redundant paperwork that is often required to conduct business
• Management of all company, representative, product, and compliance information is made easy through secure, private, web-based dashboard
• Participation in the vendor directory increases your company’s visibility to TESBL's departments worldwide.
3. IS THERE A COST TO REGISTER?
There is an annual fee for vendor registration that is charged per company, not per representative. As such, only the first representative to register will be charged the fee. As many of your representatives as are needed may register for no additional cost, each of which may differentiate him/herself by the products he/she sells and the territories serviced.
4. WHAT DOES THE FEE COVER AND WHY IS IT YEARLY?
This fee is used to purchase 3rd party data, perform screening and credentialing, store compliance information and documentation, perform analytics based on the provided information, notify suppliers of training, policy changes, and compliance regulations, and monitor and alert company status throughout the year. All of these features are performed and maintained throughout the year and thereafter as you choose to have a relationship with TESBL.
5. HOW DOES THE REGISTRATION PROCESS WORK?
Step 1: Navigate to the Supplier registration website.
Step 2: Enter business information including business address, phone, federal employer identification number (federal tax id) or equivalent, products sold, and acceptance of corporate company policies.
Step 3: Choose the supplier registration program and submit your application.
Step 4: Receive a confirmation email from our onboarding team with an invoice if your company qualify our Supplier/Vendor standards
Step 5: Make a payment through wire transfer only from your company business account.
Step 6: Our onboarding team will send you the invite with a voucher code to redeem and register on our supplier Portal to register as a Supplier/Vendor
Step 7: Select links on the Vendor Dashboard to complete the additional required information. This includes sales representative information like territory and references, additional business information like type, number of employees, date founded, company principles, geography, financials, insurance, and diversity.
Once you have completed all the steps, your company and representative information will be available to the purchasing group.
6. CAN I UPDATE MY INFORMATION AFTER THE INITIAL REGISTRATION?
Yes, in addition to providing the additional required information via the Vendor Dashboard, you may also add to or edit your profile at any time by logging into the registration system using your user ID and password.
7. WHAT ARE UNSPSC CODES?
The United Nations Standard Products and Services Code® (UNSPSC®) provides an open, global multi-sector standard for efficient, accurate classification of products and services. Search the code on this website to locate commodity codes that can be used by your company.
8. WHAT INFORMATION WILL I NEED TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION?
Vendor registration requires general company information as well as sales representative details.
Initially, you will need to enter the following required basic information…
Your name and email address
• Business name, type, address and phone
• Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or equivalent in your country of company registration
• Products sold (based on the UNSPSC codes )
• Acceptance of corporate company policies
At your convenience or a future date, the following additional information can be filled out from the Vendor Dashboard.
- Field / Information Required
- Company Page(Completed only once per company)
- Doing Business As
- Parent company
- Description of your business
- Business Functions (Required)
- State/province of incorporation
- Dun & Bradstreet #
- Date you were founded (Required)
- Number of employees (Required)
- Company Principals
- Company Contact Information (Required)
- Your (company) geographic sales capability Required
- Company Financials – Revenue & Net Income
- (If this information is not available or not disclosed enter $1.00) (Required)
- Company Financials – All other
- Additional Information – EDI (Required)
- Additional Information – All Other
- Acknowledgments – All
- Adobe Reader (Required)
- Compliance Page (Completed only once per company)
- Insurance Information (Required)
- Diversity Information
- Compliance Office Information
- Vendor Rep Page (Completed for each Rep that interacts or visits with the customer)
- Name (Required)
- Your title
- Years with company
- Your contact phone # (Required)
- Your fax number
- Address, City, State & Zip
- Briefly describe your role and the products/services you offer
- Your sales territory (Required)
- Representative Acknowledgments – All
- Vendor Rep Commodity/Category Page (Completed for each rep that interacts or visits with the customer)
- Commodity/Category (Based on the UNSPSC codes www.unspsc.org) (Required)
9. HOW WILL MY INFORMATION BE USED?
Once collected, selected aspects of your information will be credentialed and monitored using various public records, proprietary third-party data sources, and government data bases. TESBL will use all of this information to help assess vendor acceptability on an ongoing basis. Additionally, TESBL will access the system to find vendors for product and service needs. With the comprehensive information offered in the Vendor Registration system, TESBL's procurement teams will be able to identify all relevant vendors based on commodity codes and business location. Thereby giving you exposure to all buyers, not just those with which you have been able to contact and build relationships
10. WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION?
Various departments will have access to portions of data specific to their responsibilities. This includes Procurement, Legal, Contract Management, Ethics/Compliance, and Executive Management. Also, you have access to your own information and can constantly update it as necessary.
11. WHAT SECURITY PRECAUTIONS ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT THE LOSS, MISUSE, OR ALTERATION OF MY INFORMATION?
Your Login is password protected. You may edit your profile by logging into the registration system using your user ID and password. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also, remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your business information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café.
12. HOW IS MY INFORMATION SECURED AND PROTECTED?
Information is encrypted utilizing 128-bit SSL security. This system has been utilized in some form in the defense industry and is hardened against known security threats. Additionally, the registration system utilizes strong authentication and authorization controls. Keeping your information private is vitally important to us. We comply with all applicable financial and information privacy and security laws. We are committed to respecting the confidentiality of all vendor information. The information you provide will only be used to assess your application for vendor status. It will not be shared with any third party without your express consent.
13. CAN I PAY BY CHECK?
At this time only bank payment is accepted.
14. HOW CAN A VENDOR REPRESENTATIVE OR ADMINISTRATOR ADD ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIVES?
Additional representatives can provide their information in the registration system. The new representatives can be added or invited by the first or subsequently registered representatives. The already registered representative can navigate via their login to the Vendor Dashboard and use the “Add a Company Representative” link and supply the new representative’s email address. The system will send the new representative an email with an embedded link to help them access the vendor registration system. The new representatives will need to click the link embedded in the email to start the process. The information required by subsequent representatives is much less than that required by the initial registrant. All that is asked of them is their individual contact information, identification of the products/services they provide, and to acknowledge corporate policies and guidelines.
15. WHAT INTERNET BROWSERS ARE SUPPORTED?
At this time only Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.x or greater is supported. We are currently working to provide support for other widely used internet browsers.
16. WHY DID I RECEIVE A UNSPSC CODE CHANGE EMAIL?
During registration, you selected the products and services you provide by searching within The United Nations Standard Products and Services Code® (UNSPSC®) set. This code set is updated on a monthly basis as codes are added, deleted, or modified by the organization. Some or all of the UNSPSC codes which you select during registration could change after the monthly upload of the new code set.
If this is the case, you will receive an email from the system asking you to review and update your UNSPSC codes.
17. IF MY COMPANY OR I HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED WITH TESBL, DO WE NEED TO PAY AGAIN?
Yes, the annual fee is charged for each TESBL customer system. This fee is used to purchase 3rd party data, perform screening and credentialing, store compliance information and documentation, perform analytics-based on the provided information, notify suppliers of training, policy changes, and compliance regulations, and monitor and alert company status throughout the year. All of these features are performed and maintained throughout the year and thereafter as you choose to have a relationship with our buyers
18. MY COMPANY HAS MULTIPLE DIVISIONS, HOW IS THE FEE ASSESSED?
Companies with multiple divisions are assessed the fee based on their Employer Identification Number structure. Every unique Employer Identification Number (EIN) must register and pay the fee once annually. An Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, is a nine-digit number that the IRS assigns to business entities.
Company ABC has three divisions.
If the company operates under one Employer Identification Number then Company ABC pays the fee once per year per system.
If the company operates under three Employer Identification Numbers, one for each division, then Company ABC pays the fee three times per year per system.